FasterCSV col separator

Kev Jackson

Hi all,

I'm using FasterCSV and I can't seem to get the syntax correct for using
'|' (the pipe character) for the column separator

I have

FasterCSV.parse(csv_file, { :col_sep => "|" }) do |row|
p row
end

but this fails with

invalid regular expression; there's no previous pattern, to which '+' would define cardinality at 4: /\A|+/

is this a known bug?

Kev

James Edward Gray II

Hi all,

I'm using FasterCSV and I can't seem to get the syntax correct for
using '|' (the pipe character) for the column separator

I have

FasterCSV.parse(csv_file, { :col_sep => "|" }) do |row|
p row
end

but this fails with

invalid regular expression; there's no previous pattern, to which
'+' would define cardinality at 4: /\A|+/

is this a known bug?

It's now known and fixed. Update to the freshly uploaded FasterCSV
0.1.4 and this should be just a bad memory. I've added test cases to
monitor this, so it shouldn't happen again. Sorry about that.

James Edward Gray II