    Hi,
    I am looking for the fastest complex division algorithm available. It could be a white paper, a core that is being sold or any other information thatcould help me research different options. I will be using this in a spartan 3E with 4 complex multipliers available. Thanks for the help,
    Amish

    axr0284, Sep 24, 2012

  2. axr0284

    John Speth Guest

    On 9/24/2012 11:52 AM, axr0284 wrote:
    > I am looking for the fastest complex division algorithm

    available. It could be a white paper, a core that is being sold or
    any other information that could help me research different options.
    I will be using this in a spartan 3E with 4 complex multipliers
    available. Thanks for the help,

    I don't have the answer you're looking for but it helps to avoid
    hyperbolic adjectives like "fastest available". You should know your
    requirements such that you can define "fast enough". Any faster is
    wasted effort and expense.

    I can imagine very wide combinatorial logic that will compute division
    in one clock cycle. So can you. I doubt anyone could afford the
    hardware to achieve that logic though.

    JJS

    John Speth, Sep 25, 2012

  3. axr0284

    Andy Guest

    Performance requirements should be identified in terms of latency and throughput. Very often, the lowest latency implementation does not have the highest throughput, and vise versa. A one-clock solution will almost certainly require a very slow clock.

    Area requirements also need to be identified.

    Andy

    Andy, Sep 25, 2012
  4. axr0284

    jeppe