FastInfoset and JWSDP 1.6 Based Web Services

au714

I'm taking a look at Sun's JWSDP 1.6, to check the FastInfoset support
and consider switching the infrastructure of an existing Web Service
from Apache Axis/XmlBeans to JWSDP/JAXB.

I have read that FI is integrated into JWDSP and easily
enabled/disabled by the client (disabled by default). Enabling FI will
turn on FI compression for the SOAP Envelope that is passed from client
to server and any resulting return message. Not just FI compressed
SOAP attachments, but the whole SOAP Envelope is FI compressed.

The FI manual that comes with the JWSDP
(http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.6/jaxrpc/fastinfoset/manual.html)
discusses enabling FI from the client. The flavor of this discussion
seems RPC based. There is a discussion of enabling a property on a
stub (sounds like RPC), enabling a property on an instance of Call
(javax.soap.rpc.Call), or setting a System property via -D on the JVM
command line (this part does not necessarily sound like RPC).

However I am using a document/literal web service.

This leads to my question:

Does the "magic" of FI integration in JWSDP work "seamlessly" behind
the scenes for a document/literal Web Service? Or perhaps it only
works for a RPC style Web Service?

FGB