Fatal Python error: Py_EndInterpreter: thread still has a frame

Thomas Korimort

Hi!

Does anyone know the precise circumstances when the error

"Fatal Python error: Py_EndInterpreter: thread still has a frame"

does occur. I checked the source code of pythonrun.c, which tells me
that this error message is thrown in Py_EndInterpreter, when
thread->frame is checked for being NULL. Does anyone know, when this
pointer is not NULL at the time where Py_EndInterpreter() is called?

Greetings, Thomas Korimort.

nnorwitz

Thomas said:
Hi!

Does anyone know the precise circumstances when the error

"Fatal Python error: Py_EndInterpreter: thread still has a frame"

does occur. I checked the source code of pythonrun.c, which tells me
that this error message is thrown in Py_EndInterpreter, when
thread->frame is checked for being NULL. Does anyone know, when this
pointer is not NULL at the time where Py_EndInterpreter() is called?

Please create a test case and file a bug report, here: