Faulty css files or wrong html code?

Peter Ostermann

Hi NG,

as a css newby I need help for to justify my css code. Or is it a problem
in the html code? Have a look to this faultiy page. Lower part of the
text is in front fixed. All text was planned to go to the scrollable area,
not
only the upper half.

http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/bookkeepdoku_test.htm

I need the fixed head part and the *scrollable* text area and want to aviod
frames. The page with just the plain text and identical html code (no head
part) works:

http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/text.htm

See my css code below. Who can help? Many thanks in advance.

Regards
Peter Ostermann

***** file no 1:

/* CSS Document IMHO needed for IE 5 and IE 6 */
html, body { overflow:hidden; }

#menu, #rahmen { position:absolute; }
#rahmen {
top:420px;
left:0;
height:90%;
height:expression(document.body.clientHeight - 420 + "px");
width:100%;
overflow:auto;z-index:3;
}

***** file no 2:

/* CSS Document */
body {
height:100%;
margin:0;
padding:0;
}
#menu {
left:0;
top:0;
width:100%;
height:420px;
background:white;
z-index:4;
}
body>#rahmen { padding-top:px; }
body>#menu { position:fixed; }
body>#inhalt { position:static; }

Chaddy2222

Hi NG,

as a css newby I need help for to  justify my css code. Or is it a problem
in the html code? Have a look to this faultiy page. Lower part of  the
text is in front fixed. All text was planned to go to the scrollable area,
not
only the upper half.

http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/bookkeepdoku_test.htm

I need the fixed head part and the *scrollable* text area and want to aviod
frames. The page with just the plain text and identical html code (no head
part) works:

http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/text.htm
<snip>
Just post a URL (we can view the code through a range of options.
BTW fix your errors.
http://validator.w3.org oh and use a strict DTD to get IE out of
quirks mode.

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Chaddy2222:
Just post a URL (we can view the code through a range of options.
BTW fix your errors.

The question was multiposted, and you're saying that the markup is
invalid. Enough said.