Faulty css files or wrong html code?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Peter Ostermann, Jan 20, 2008.

  1. Hi NG,

    as a css newby I need help for to justify my css code. Or is it a problem
    in the html code? Have a look to this faultiy page. Lower part of the
    text is in front fixed. All text was planned to go to the scrollable area,
    not
    only the upper half.

    http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/bookkeepdoku_test.htm

    I need the fixed head part and the *scrollable* text area and want to aviod
    frames. The page with just the plain text and identical html code (no head
    part) works:

    http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/text.htm

    See my css code below. Who can help? Many thanks in advance.

    Regards
    Peter Ostermann

    ***** file no 1:

    /* CSS Document IMHO needed for IE 5 and IE 6 */
    html, body { overflow:hidden; }

    #menu, #rahmen { position:absolute; }
    #rahmen {
    top:420px;
    left:0;
    height:90%;
    height:expression(document.body.clientHeight - 420 + "px");
    width:100%;
    overflow:auto;z-index:3;
    }

    ***** file no 2:

    /* CSS Document */
    body {
    height:100%;
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    }
    #menu {
    left:0;
    top:0;
    width:100%;
    height:420px;
    background:white;
    z-index:4;
    }
    body>#rahmen { padding-top:px; }
    body>#menu { position:fixed; }
    body>#inhalt { position:static; }
    Peter Ostermann, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Peter Ostermann

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    Re: Faulty css files or wrong html code?

    On Jan 20, 9:37 pm, "Peter Ostermann" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi NG,
    >
    > as a css newby I need help for to  justify my css code. Or is it a problem
    > in the html code? Have a look to this faultiy page. Lower part of  the
    > text is in front fixed. All text was planned to go to the scrollable area,
    > not
    > only the upper half.
    >
    > http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/bookkeepdoku_test.htm
    >
    > I need the fixed head part and the *scrollable* text area and want to aviod
    > frames. The page with just the plain text and identical html code (no head
    > part) works:
    >
    > http://home.nwn.de/peter.ostermann/text.htm

    <snip>
    Just post a URL (we can view the code through a range of options.
    BTW fix your errors.
    http://validator.w3.org oh and use a strict DTD to get IE out of
    quirks mode.
    Chaddy2222, Jan 20, 2008

  3. Re: Faulty css files or wrong html code?

    Scripsit Chaddy2222:

    > Just post a URL (we can view the code through a range of options.
    > BTW fix your errors.

    The question was multiposted, and you're saying that the markup is
    invalid. Enough said.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/