    With regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    the Netherlands

    Samuël van Laere, Nov 3, 2003

  2. Samuël van Laere

    Dan Guest

    On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:14:18 GMT, "Samuël van Laere"
    <> wrote...
    | I know 16 colors is considered the safest.
    | But can a favicon use 256 colors?
    | What could be a reason not to use 256 colors?

    If you go beyond 16 colors, you should use a "multi-resolution" .ico -
    e.g., containing 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 with both 16 colors and 256
    colors versions in the icon.

    The only reason not to use would be that the icon file's size is
    slightly larger.

    - return address is altered slightly to reduce spam.

    Dan, Nov 3, 2003

  3. Samuël van Laere

    webgeo99 Guest

    "Samuël van Laere" <> wrote in message
    > I know 16 colors is considered the safest.
    > But can a favicon use 256 colors?
    > What could be a reason not to use 256 colors?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your comments.

    > With regards,
    > Samuël van Laere
    > the Netherlands

    with most screens being able of handling 256 colors I say, "go for it."

    webgeo99, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Samuël van Laere

    tjramos

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    not only screen problems

    Safari give me problems with many colors in the favicon.ico

    tjramos, Sep 10, 2011