Favicon for cloaked site in virtual directory

Martin Maat

I have two sites but it is really just one site. The second site is in a
virtual directory of the first and the URL is mapped to that directory like

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/myothersite

I would rather have had two real sites using host header name recognition
but for some reason DNS redirection doesn't pass the friendly URL to my site
so IIS never knows what site was originally addressed, it only gets the IP
address. So the only way to host two sites on the same IP address seemed to
be putting my second site in a virtual subdirectory of the first and
configure DNS such that the URL of my second site was mapped to this
directory. The URL is cloaked, it works okay.

Now, my first site shows a favicon as expected. The second site however does
not. I tried everything. I put the icon in the site's root directory, I put
a link tag in every page, tried full paths to the icon, nothing seems to
matter. Who knows how to fix this?

Regards, Martin.