    Microsoft MVP
    Big things are made up
    of lots of little things.

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > If I have a website with a url like
    > http://localhost/MyWebPage/SomeDirectory/startPage.aspx
    >
    > Can I still use a favicon.ico file? For the entire Site? How?
    > Its hard to experiment with favicon files as they seem to be quite hit and
    > miss as to whether or not they appear
    >
    > Ta

  3. Kevin Spencer

    Guest

    > You can certainly use a favicon file. For instructions on using it in a web
    > site, see http://www.favicon.com/.

    sorry, can't find the answer on there

    > > If I have a website with a url like
    > > http://localhost/MyWebPage/SomeDirectory/startPage.aspx

    So the question is, given a url that starts not with www.mypage.com but
    with local/MyWebPage and using IIS can I do it then.

    NB, I know I can add it to the individual page but from that page can I then
    access the root of the web site, e.g. something like:

    ~/MyWebPage/pictures/favicon.ico

    My problem being that I use a template for each page so rather than adding
    the link on every single page which would be tedious I want to add
    it to a generic page thats included on other pages which could be anywhere
    in the relative directory structure.
    , Jan 21, 2004