favicon.ico

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gufus, May 17, 2006.

  1. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Group...

    Will this work? I really don't know which browsers use which size.

    <link reel="icon" her="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    <link rel="icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    <link rel="shortcut icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

    Favicon.ico 16x16
    favicon.ico 32x32

    --
    K Klement

    Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
    mailto:
    Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

    .... Never throw a bird at a dragon.

    Gufus, May 17, 2006

  2. Gufus wrote:

    > Will this work? I really don't know which browsers use which size.
    >
    > <link reel="icon" her="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    > <link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    > <link rel="icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    > <link rel="shortcut icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
    >
    > Favicon.ico 16x16
    > favicon.ico 32x32

    ICO files can contain multiple versions of an image in different resolutions
    and colordepths. The application can pick the image which suites it
    requirements best. So it is sufficient (with a correctly prepared ICO file)
    to have a single LINK element for the favicon.
    For commandline users I would suggest http://www.nongnu.org/icoutils/ to
    create your ICO files. If you prefer point-n-click, you'll have to ask
    someone else ;)

    --
    Benjamin Niemann
    Email: pink at odahoda dot de

    Benjamin Niemann, May 17, 2006

  3. Gufus

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Benjamin,

    Wednesday May 17 2006, Benjamin Niemann writes to Gufus:

    > From:
    > sufficient (with a correctly prepared ICO file) to have a
    > single LINK element for the favicon.

    Super.... understood. Now to research the "proper" format of my favicon.ico
    file. Can you give me any tips? :)

    --
    K Klement

    Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
    mailto:
    Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

    .... Wadda yuh mean, shouting "LENSCAP" at me?

    Gufus, May 17, 2006