favicon.ico

Gufus

Hi Group...

Will this work? I really don't know which browsers use which size.

<link reel="icon" her="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

Favicon.ico 16x16
favicon.ico 32x32

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:[email protected]
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Never throw a bird at a dragon.

Benjamin Niemann

Gufus said:
Will this work? I really don't know which browsers use which size.

<link reel="icon" her="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="Favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

Favicon.ico 16x16
favicon.ico 32x32

ICO files can contain multiple versions of an image in different resolutions
and colordepths. The application can pick the image which suites it
requirements best. So it is sufficient (with a correctly prepared ICO file)
to have a single LINK element for the favicon.
For commandline users I would suggest http://www.nongnu.org/icoutils/ to
create your ICO files. If you prefer point-n-click, you'll have to ask
someone else ;)

Gufus

Hi Benjamin,

From: (e-mail address removed)
sufficient (with a correctly prepared ICO file) to have a
single LINK element for the favicon.

Super.... understood. Now to research the "proper" format of my favicon.ico
file. Can you give me any tips? :)

--
K Klement

Enhance your marketing at http://www.gypsy-designs.com
mailto:[email protected]
Gypsy Designs Fax: (403) 242-3221

.... Wadda yuh mean, shouting "LENSCAP" at me?