Favicon Icon Drawing Program

humbads

I wrote a program that lets you draw an icon in your web browser, and
then dynamically generate the ico image file. The icon is a 16x16
pixel, 16 color, bitmap format, suitable for favicons. You customize
the color pallete easily.

Favicon Icon Drawing Program Online Free
http://www.somacon.com/p44.php

This is the first version, so it may have kinks. Currently, it only
works with Mozilla/Firefox--sorry. Maybe one day, I'll fix it for
other browsers.

The point of this program is to demonstrate some really neat tricks you
can do with CSS, Javascript, HTML, and PHP. Have fun.

Shailesh

Martin Clark

humbads wrote...
I wrote a program that lets you draw an icon in your web browser, and
then dynamically generate the ico image file. The icon is a 16x16
pixel, 16 color, bitmap format, suitable for favicons. You customize
the color pallete easily.

Favicon Icon Drawing Program Online Free
http://www.somacon.com/p44.php

I really like this! Especially the ability to customise the colour
palette to use colours that match those on my web site. The only
downside is that it does not allow transparent areas. Any plans for this
in the future?

Are there any online favicon generators that allow customised colours
and transparent pixels?

Martin Clark

humbads wrote...
[...]

Okay, I added support for transparency and for IE 6 Windows. I didn't
test any other browsers. Let me know how it works on other browsers. I
also made it a bit faster.

Favicon Icon Drawing Program Online Free
http://www.somacon.com/p44.php

Martin Clark

humbads wrote...
Okay, I added support for transparency and for IE 6 Windows. I didn't
test any other browsers. Let me know how it works on other browsers. I
also made it a bit faster.

It worked fine in Firefox.