Favicon is not showing in the browser

Harry Bellafonte

Hi

I am trying to show an icon with my internetadress ( favicon). I use
the html code below to achieve that.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://mydomain/wps/wcm/connect/
c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2/favicon.ico?
MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2" type="image/x-
icon">

When I view the website through the internet I don't see the favicon.
But when I view the site from within our network and use the ipadres
of the machine as the domainname I do see the favicon.

Is the html code I use not complete?

Regards

André Gillibert

Harry said:
Hi

I am trying to show an icon with my internetadress ( favicon). I use
the html code below to achieve that.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://mydomain/wps/wcm/connect/
c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2/favicon.ico?
MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2" type="image/x-
icon">

There's at least one error. The ampersand character must be refered to
through an entity reference &amp;

Please, give us a URI to the relevant page.
Many things may be wrong, such as a buggy PHP server-side resource
generator.
BTW, you shouldn't use URI with such long names full of random characters.
Tim Berners Lee gave a good advice at this subject:
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI
When I view the website through the internet I don't see the favicon.

Of course, mydomain isn't a WWW domain name...
This is to say: Until you give us a URI to the *real* resource, we cannot
find what's wrong.
BTW, why don't you use a relative URI reference?
User agents may find cross-domain favicons suspicious.
Is the html code I use not complete?
It's not incomplete... A HTML document contains a head, a body, etc.

DocuMaker

Hi

I am trying to show an icon with my internetadress ( favicon). I use
the html code below to achieve that.

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://mydomain/wps/wcm/connect/
c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2/favicon.ico?
MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2" type="image/x-
icon">

When I view the website through the internet I don't see the favicon.
But when I view the site from within our network and use the ipadres
of the machine as the domainname I do see the favicon.

Is the html code I use not complete?

Regards

Could be a browser issue. Mine only shows up in FireFox. Then again, I
don't use the Mod attribute in my link tag either.