    of the machine as the domainname I do see the favicon.

    Is the html code I use not complete?

    Regards
    Harry Bellafonte, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Harry Bellafonte wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to show an icon with my internetadress ( favicon). I use
    > the html code below to achieve that.
    >
    > <link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://mydomain/wps/wcm/connect/
    > c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2/favicon.ico?
    > MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2" type="image/x-
    > icon">

    There's at least one error. The ampersand character must be refered to
    through an entity reference &amp;

    Please, give us a URI to the relevant page.
    Many things may be wrong, such as a buggy PHP server-side resource
    generator.
    BTW, you shouldn't use URI with such long names full of random characters.
    Tim Berners Lee gave a good advice at this subject:
    http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

    > When I view the website through the internet I don't see the favicon.

    Of course, mydomain isn't a WWW domain name...
    This is to say: Until you give us a URI to the *real* resource, we cannot
    find what's wrong.
    BTW, why don't you use a relative URI reference?
    User agents may find cross-domain favicons suspicious.

    > Is the html code I use not complete?

    It's not incomplete... A HTML document contains a head, a body, etc.

    --
    If you've a question that doesn't belong to Usenet, contact me at
    <tabkanDELETETHISnaz at yahoDELETETHATo.fr>
    André Gillibert, Dec 13, 2007

  3. Harry Bellafonte

    DocuMaker Guest

    On Dec 13, 4:14 am, Harry Bellafonte <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am trying to show an icon with my internetadress ( favicon). I use
    > the html code below to achieve that.
    >
    > <link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://mydomain/wps/wcm/connect/
    > c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2/favicon.ico?
    > MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=c5875c0047e1548db74cf7fca31131c2" type="image/x-
    > icon">
    >
    > When I view the website through the internet I don't see the favicon.
    > But when I view the site from within our network and use the ipadres
    > of the machine as the domainname I do see the favicon.
    >
    > Is the html code I use not complete?
    >
    > Regards

    Could be a browser issue. Mine only shows up in FireFox. Then again, I
    don't use the Mod attribute in my link tag either.

    ---
    http://www.outsource2documaker.com
    Managing outsourced projects ranging from fine artwork and business
    graphics to website design and maintenance.
    DocuMaker, Dec 14, 2007