Favicon

gcc

Any work around to install a Favicon on a server that doesn't allow .ico
file types?

Els

gcc said:
sbc.yahoo.....

I upload the .ico file and I get an error
"Invalid File Type"

I think it may be their file upload system that can't handle it, and
not the server itself. Can't you use regular FTP for uploading?

Amun

--

FTP is the best option but you could also try renaming it to
.....favicon.htm,- .dat .gif. etc

Amun

Els

Amun said:
FTP is the best option but you could also try renaming it to
....favicon.htm,- .dat .gif. etc
Upload it then rename it back to.....favicon.ico

Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
every time I rename a file and change the extension.

Don

On 04 May 2005 Els wrote in alt.html

Amun wrote:
Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
every time I rename a file and change the extension.

What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?
[/QUOTE]

It's the it that is related to they.

Andy Dingley

Doesn't renaming it destroy the file? At least that's what it says
every time I rename a file and change the extension.

Every time you rename or change a file extension,
Bill Gates' piles give him gyp.

Els

Blinky said:
What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.

Nico Schuyt

Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.

I always ignore the warning. No problems after renaming

Don

What is the it that's telling you it's destroyed?

Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.
[/QUOTE]

And which button do you choose?

Blinky the Shark

Els said:
Blinky the Shark wrote:
Windows XP Home's 'tell the user what not to do' system?
Just pick any file on your pc, try and change the extension. A prompt
will show saying something like "changing the extension of this file
may leave the file unusable - do you still want to change it?" with a
'yes' and a 'no' button to choose.

Better get a second opinion from Clippy. :)

Don

On 04 May 2005 Blinky the Shark wrote in alt.html
Gotcha. :) Acutally, I know who the "they" are in "they" say, but the
NDA says I can't tell anyone.

What will they do. Send "it" after you.