Favicon

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Eustace, Dec 20, 2010.

  1. Eustace

    Eustace Guest

    Eustace, Dec 20, 2010

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Eustace <> writing
    in news:ieml59$u41$:

    > Can someone tell me where is the favicon of
    > http://aktina.org/index.html? It is not http://aktina.org/favicon.ico,
    > and I do not see any link in the head.
    >
    > emf

    As far as I can tell, there IS no favicon for that site. My browser is
    using its default icon.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 20, 2010

  3. Eustace

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Eustace" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone tell me where is the favicon of http://aktina.org/index.html?
    > It is not http://aktina.org/favicon.ico, and I do not see any link in the
    > head.

    Like "Adrienne" has already posted, there isn't one. So the browser is using
    its default icon.

    There are two ways of specifying a favicon - either per page or site wide,
    neither of these are being used on that site.

    If you want to know where to look for where a favicon might be specified
    then the following might be useful:
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html7_add_a_page_icon.htm and
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html6_add_a_site_icon.htm

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Dec 20, 2010
  4. Eustace

    Eustace Guest

    On 2010-12-20 06:51 Brian Cryer wrote:
    > "Eustace" <> wrote in message
    >> Can someone tell me where is the favicon of
    >> http://aktina.org/index.html? It is not http://aktina.org/favicon.ico,
    >> and I do not see any link in the head.

    > Like "Adrienne" has already posted, there isn't one. So the browser is
    > using its default icon.
    >
    > There are two ways of specifying a favicon - either per page or site
    > wide, neither of these are being used on that site.
    >
    > If you want to know where to look for where a favicon might be specified
    > then the following might be useful:
    > http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html7_add_a_page_icon.htm
    > and http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html6_add_a_site_icon.htm
    >
    > Hope this helps.

    You are right. Putting the icon that I *do* see over here under the
    magnifyer, I realized that it's the old icon of the wnyc.org website.
    Somehow it seems that the bookmark for aktina.org incorporated the icon
    of a nearby bookmark. That's very peculiar, but it belongs to the
    Thunderbird newsgroup. Thanks,

    emf

    --
    The folk oratorios of Mikis Theodorakis
    https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/mt/oratorios.html
    Eustace, Dec 21, 2010
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Brian Cryer"
    <> writing in news:ieng0a$7bp$-
    september.org:

    > Like "Adrienne" has already posted, there isn't one.

    Just out of curiosity, why is my name in quotes?

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 21, 2010
  6. Eustace

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Brian Cryer"
    > <> writing in news:ieng0a$7bp$-
    > september.org:
    >
    >> Like "Adrienne" has already posted, there isn't one.

    > Just out of curiosity, why is my name in quotes?

    No reason. Looking at it now it does look odd, sorry!! Nothing negative
    implied, and I won't use quotes in that manner again.

    I simply wanted to indicate that I had read your post (and agree'd with it)
    before posting a reply to the OP.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian
    Brian Cryer, Dec 21, 2010
  7. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Brian Cryer"
    <> writing in

    > "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Brian Cryer"
    >> <> writing in
    >> news:ieng0a$7bp$- september.org:
    >>
    >>> Like "Adrienne" has already posted, there isn't one.

    >> Just out of curiosity, why is my name in quotes?

    > No reason. Looking at it now it does look odd, sorry!! Nothing
    > negative implied, and I won't use quotes in that manner again.
    >
    > I simply wanted to indicate that I had read your post (and agree'd
    > with it) before posting a reply to the OP.

    Thanks, that's what I thought. Merry Christmas!

    Adrienne Boswell, Dec 21, 2010