Favicon

Brian Cryer

Eustace said:
Can someone tell me where is the favicon of http://aktina.org/index.html?
It is not http://aktina.org/favicon.ico, and I do not see any link in the
head.

Like "Adrienne" has already posted, there isn't one. So the browser is using
its default icon.

There are two ways of specifying a favicon - either per page or site wide,
neither of these are being used on that site.

If you want to know where to look for where a favicon might be specified
then the following might be useful:
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html7_add_a_page_icon.htm and
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html6_add_a_site_icon.htm

Hope this helps.

Eustace

Like "Adrienne" has already posted, there isn't one. So the browser is
using its default icon.

There are two ways of specifying a favicon - either per page or site
wide, neither of these are being used on that site.

If you want to know where to look for where a favicon might be specified
then the following might be useful:
http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html7_add_a_page_icon.htm
and http://www.cryer.co.uk/resources/javascript/html6_add_a_site_icon.htm

Hope this helps.

You are right. Putting the icon that I *do* see over here under the
magnifyer, I realized that it's the old icon of the wnyc.org website.
Somehow it seems that the bookmark for aktina.org incorporated the icon
of a nearby bookmark. That's very peculiar, but it belongs to the
Thunderbird newsgroup. Thanks,

emf

Brian Cryer

Adrienne Boswell said:
Just out of curiosity, why is my name in quotes?

No reason. Looking at it now it does look odd, sorry!! Nothing negative
implied, and I won't use quotes in that manner again.

I simply wanted to indicate that I had read your post (and agree'd with it)
before posting a reply to the OP.

Adrienne Boswell

No reason. Looking at it now it does look odd, sorry!! Nothing
negative implied, and I won't use quotes in that manner again.

I simply wanted to indicate that I had read your post (and agree'd
with it) before posting a reply to the OP.

Thanks, that's what I thought. Merry Christmas!