    pixels work?

    Thanks,

    Andy ;-)

    Andy, Oct 31, 2009

  2. Andy

    Roy A. Guest

    On 31 Okt, 11:14, Andy <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am looking to create a favicon.  I know the drill of creating &
    > saving in ICO format and the line of code required to ensure it
    > uploads.

    Something like this:

    <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="favicon.png" />
    <!--[if IE]>
    <link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico" />
    <![endif]-->

    > However, what size can the file be? Will 16 X 16, 32 X 32 or 64 X 64
    > pixels work?

    16x16, 32x32 or 64x64 in gif, png or jpg will work in most browsers
    except from Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer you must use an
    16x16 ico-file. So you're in bad luck if you need a semi transparent
    short cut icon.

    Roy A., Nov 1, 2009