Favicons

Andy

Hi all,

I am looking to create a favicon. I know the drill of creating &
saving in ICO format and the line of code required to ensure it
uploads.

However, what size can the file be? Will 16 X 16, 32 X 32 or 64 X 64
pixels work?

Thanks,

Andy ;-)

Roy A.

Hi all,

I am looking to create a favicon.  I know the drill of creating &
saving in ICO format and the line of code required to ensure it
uploads.

Something like this:

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="favicon.png" />
<!--[if IE]>
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="favicon.ico" />
However, what size can the file be? Will 16 X 16, 32 X 32 or 64 X 64
pixels work?

16x16, 32x32 or 64x64 in gif, png or jpg will work in most browsers
except from Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer you must use an
16x16 ico-file. So you're in bad luck if you need a semi transparent
short cut icon.