Favorite Development Environment

Randy Given

What is your favorite Java development environment? What others have you
tried? What are some pros and cons of each? Thanks!

Robert Olofsson

Randy Given ([email protected]) wrote:
: What is your favorite Java development environment? What others have you
: tried? What are some pros and cons of each? Thanks!

Depends on what you mean by development environment....

Editor: emacs
java compiler: jikes
build tool: GNU Make
OS: linux, solaris, windows in that order
Version control system: subversion
Commit control system: own perl code (dont check in code that do X,
check indention etc..)
bug managment: bugzilla
Code auditing tool: viewsnv and own perl/shell scripts
test system: junit
automatic builder: cron
automatic test system: own build shell scripts
lint tool: findbugs
unused code detection system: own build perl system
copy-paste detection system: same
best search engine: google (groups and web)

That covers most aspects of the development environment I use...

/robo

timmy_dale12

Randy Given said:
What is your favorite Java development environment? What others have you
tried? What are some pros and cons of each? Thanks!

I have alot of positive experiences with JDeveloper. I have been using
3_2_3 so there is newer version out there. But generally this is a
really good tool.
JDeveloper is provided by oracle and works really well with their
databases.

Lately i have been trying Eclipse. It look good so far , but i cant
conclude with anything yet

Hope this helps a bit.