Favorite Ruby Editors (or IDE)

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: Favorite Ruby Editors (or IDE)"

|Matz: is your .emacs file available somewhere online? I imagine if
|there are any tweaks to ruby-mode, or to using Emacs and Ruby together
|you probably have them installed. I'd be curious to see if I'm missing
|anything.

Ruby related snippiest from my .emacs (nothing special):

;;; ruby-mode
(autoload 'ruby-mode "ruby-mode" nil t)
(add-hook 'ruby-mode-hook
'(lambda () (abbrev-mode 1)
(define-key ruby-mode-map "\C-m" 'ruby-reindent-then-newline-and-indent)
(define-key ruby-mode-map "\C-j" 'newline)))

(setq auto-mode-alist
(append '(("\\.rb$" . ruby-mode))
auto-mode-alist))

(setq interpreter-mode-alist
(append '(("ruby" . ruby-mode))
interpreter-mode-alist))

(c-add-style
"ruby"
'("bsd"
(c-basic-offset . 4)
(c-offsets-alist
(case-label . 2)
(label . 2)
(statement-case-intro . 2)
)))

Lothar Scholz

Sander Jansen

It is a decent IDE, and I used to use it once and a
while to try out what it had. Emacs fan though I am :)

So it must not be really good otherwise you still would have used it :p

Sander