    (>>>), traceback.

    I didn't take a look on vista (and i dont want to), but i hope they
    improved the notepad.

    azrael, Feb 11, 2007

  2. azrael

    Stef Mientki Guest

    azrael wrote:
    > Since i'm new on this forum, and first time meeting a python comunity,
    > i wanted to ask you for your python editors.
    >
    > Im looking for some good python editor, with integrated run function,
    > without having to set it up manualy like komodo.
    > I found the pyscripter, and it has all i need, but it's unsatble.
    > bloated.

    No it is very stable,
    but some programs should be started differently,
    read the manual !

    it crashes when i close an yplication window run by python
    > from pyscripter. please. tell me a good one with buil in run (<-very
    > important) and nice gui. if possible to suport projects, code
    > highlighting, code completition, class browser, python comand line
    > (>>>), traceback.

    You could try SPE,
    but that's really unstable,
    and no help manual to read ;-)

    and for the rest the answer must certainly be in the still running thread
    "Best Free and Open Source Python IDE"

    cheers,
    Stef Mientki

    Stef Mientki, Feb 11, 2007

  3. azrael wrote:
    > Since i'm new on this forum, and first time meeting a python comunity,
    > i wanted to ask you for your python editors.
    >
    > Im looking for some good python editor, with integrated run function,
    > without having to set it up manualy like komodo.
    > I found the pyscripter, and it has all i need, but it's unsatble.
    > bloated. it crashes when i close an yplication window run by python
    > from pyscripter. please. tell me a good one with buil in run (<-very
    > important) and nice gui. if possible to suport projects, code
    > highlighting, code completition, class browser, python comand line
    > (>>>), traceback.
    >
    > I didn't take a look on vista (and i dont want to), but i hope they
    > improved the notepad.

    *sigh*
    this question arises at least three times a week on this group

    you can use the googlegroups search function:
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp...on&q=python editor ide&qt_g=Search this group

    also use the python wiki:
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/IntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

    Szabolcs Nagy, Feb 11, 2007
  4. azrael

    Dick Moores Guest

    At 08:41 PM 2/10/2007, azrael wrote:
    >Since i'm new on this forum, and first time meeting a python comunity,
    >i wanted to ask you for your python editors.
    >
    >Im looking for some good python editor, with integrated run function,
    >without having to set it up manualy like komodo.
    >I found the pyscripter, and it has all i need, but it's unsatble.
    >bloated. it crashes when i close an yplication window run by python
    >from pyscripter. please. tell me a good one with buil in run (<-very
    >important) and nice gui. if possible to suport projects, code
    >highlighting, code completition, class browser, python comand line
    >(>>>), traceback.

    UliPad. <http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/UliPad>

    Dick Moores

    Dick Moores, Feb 12, 2007
  5. azrael

    Larry Bates Guest

    azrael wrote:
    > Since i'm new on this forum, and first time meeting a python comunity,
    > i wanted to ask you for your python editors.
    >
    > Im looking for some good python editor, with integrated run function,
    > without having to set it up manualy like komodo.
    > I found the pyscripter, and it has all i need, but it's unsatble.
    > bloated. it crashes when i close an yplication window run by python
    > from pyscripter. please. tell me a good one with buil in run (<-very
    > important) and nice gui. if possible to suport projects, code
    > highlighting, code completition, class browser, python comand line
    > (>>>), traceback.
    >
    > I didn't take a look on vista (and i dont want to), but i hope they
    > improved the notepad.

    I use pyscripter as my primary editor and have NEVER had it crash
    or do anything that could be considered "unstable". It has best
    GUI of any Windows editor I've seen. I have to admit that I tend
    to run my programs from a console window because it forces a clean
    load of the program (no runtime environment "leftovers") and if
    I'm doing wxPython or other GUI apps, they almost always interfere
    in some way with the editors (same was true for ActiveState). Maybe
    you could give that a try.

    -Larry

    Larry Bates, Feb 12, 2007
  6. azrael

    azrael Guest

    I expirienced some big craches. tra running some aplication vith using
    Vpython. when you close the vpython window, pyscripter also crashes.
    sometimes im writing some code and suddenly get about 300 error
    messages without running anything. I like pyscripter, but sometimes it
    drives me crazy

    azrael, Feb 12, 2007
  7. En Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:11:23 -0300, azrael <>
    escribió:

    > I expirienced some big craches. tra running some aplication vith using
    > Vpython. when you close the vpython window, pyscripter also crashes.
    > sometimes im writing some code and suddenly get about 300 error
    > messages without running anything. I like pyscripter, but sometimes it
    > drives me crazy

    But why blame PyScripter when it might be a problem in VPython as well?

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Feb 12, 2007
  8. En Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:11:23 -0300, azrael <>

    Gabriel Genellina, Feb 12, 2007
  9. azrael

    Stef Mientki Guest

    azrael wrote:
    > I expirienced some big craches. tra running some aplication vith using
    > Vpython. when you close the vpython window, pyscripter also crashes.
    > sometimes im writing some code and suddenly get about 300 error
    > messages without running anything. I like pyscripter, but sometimes it
    > drives me crazy

    did you read the help file:
    if you use a GUI platform (e.g. tknter, wxpython etc.). As the help file says under the topic
    "known issues" you should not run or debug such scripts internally. Instead use the
    Run, External Run command.

    and form the author of PyScripter jan-2007:
    I hope that such problems will be resolved when I release the remote debugging facility, which
    should happen quite soon.

    cheers,
    Stef Mientki

    Stef Mientki, Feb 12, 2007
  10. azrael

    PyScripter Guest

    A beta version of PyScripter with remote debugging is actually out.
    See http://pyscripter.googlepages.com/ and http://
    pyscripter.googlepages.com/remotepythonengines for details.

    Ï/Ç Stef Mientki Ýãñáøå:

    PyScripter, Feb 13, 2007
  11. azrael

    aspineux Guest

    I'm very happy with eclipse and its python module called pydev.

    It's a little slow because it parse continuously the code (P4 >2.0Ghz
    required), but give
    nice realtime info by underlining syntax error or unknown variable
    (very very useful when
    miss spelling a variable or a function :)

    aspineux, Feb 13, 2007