    i need. Who didnt try, doesnt know what he is missing.

    just one word: Amazing

    respect to the developers

    azrael, Apr 13, 2007

  2. azrael

    Steve Holden Guest

    azrael wrote:
    > Some time ago I posted a question about the favourite IDE. I finally
    > found it. WING IDE i the best I've ever seen for python. Code
    > completition is amazing, automated help, python comand line. evrything
    > i need. Who didnt try, doesnt know what he is missing.
    >
    > just one word: Amazing
    >
    > respect to the developers

    While I too am a (very happy) Wing user I feel I should remind everyone
    that "best" here is a misleading term for two reasons:

    1. Evaluations like this are notoriously subjective, and

    2. Any IDE has many dimensions, so they can't be laid out on a linear
    path between "worst" and "best".

    Having said this, I *am* looking forward to using the new features in
    3.0 for debugging threaded code. That sounds like a major step forward.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Recent Ramblings http://holdenweb.blogspot.com

    Steve Holden, Apr 13, 2007

  3. azrael

    Ben Finney Guest

    "azrael" <> writes:

    > Some time ago I posted a question about the favourite IDE. I finally
    > found it.

    I presume you mean "the favourite IDE of me, azrael". The threads that
    result, if they show anything, show that there is no one favourite
    IDE.

    --
    \ "You've got to think about big things while you're doing small |
    `\ things, so that all the small things go in the right |

    Ben Finney, Apr 14, 2007
  4. azrael wrote:

    > Some time ago I posted a question about the favourite IDE. I finally
    > found it. WING IDE i the best I've ever seen for python.

    Yes WingIde is cool but it is not free. A fairly good alternative is
    the "pydev" plugin for eclipse.

    Martin Drautzburg, Apr 22, 2007