    Any pointers in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    , Sep 25, 2005

  2. Lucas Tam Guest

    wrote in news:1127606262.482533.59520
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi,
    >
    > We send so many faxes every day. So the best thing is to write
    > something which can automate this process.
    >
    > There are services who charge like 6 or 7 cents per page and can send
    > thousands of fax in minutes. I wonder how do they do it? I would

    like
    > to write a fax tool which can send multiple faxes (same fax to several
    > different numbers). Also, is it even possible to send fax thru
    > internet connection (instead of modem and phone line)?

    Are you going to use a Fax Broadcast service? If you are, these services
    usually have service protocols you can use to connect to them, typically
    e-mail and web services.

    While you can direct connect to these services through your ASP.NET
    service, you may want to place the requests into some sort of queue,
    then process the queue external of your ASP.NET app. Using a queue will
    free up your IIS server to do something else. Also there is no point in
    making your users wait while the broadcast is happening. The users can
    always check on the status of requests in the queue.

    Otherwise, if you're not using a fax broadcast service, take a look at
    Microsoft's Fax Service. MS Fax Service has an ActiveX interface which
    you can use to send and receive faxes through Windows.

    But for high volume, it's probably best to go with a service.
    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Newmarket Volvo Sucks! http://newmarketvolvo.tripod.com

    Lucas Tam, Sep 25, 2005