Fax Broadcasting

MasoodAdnan

Hi,

We send so many faxes every day. So the best thing is to write
something which can automate this process.

There are services who charge like 6 or 7 cents per page and can send
thousands of fax in minutes. I wonder how do they do it? I would like
to write a fax tool which can send multiple faxes (same fax to several
different numbers). Also, is it even possible to send fax thru
internet connection (instead of modem and phone line)?

Any pointers in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lucas Tam

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
Hi,

We send so many faxes every day. So the best thing is to write
something which can automate this process.

There are services who charge like 6 or 7 cents per page and can send
thousands of fax in minutes. I wonder how do they do it? I would like
to write a fax tool which can send multiple faxes (same fax to several
different numbers). Also, is it even possible to send fax thru
internet connection (instead of modem and phone line)?

Are you going to use a Fax Broadcast service? If you are, these services
usually have service protocols you can use to connect to them, typically
e-mail and web services.

While you can direct connect to these services through your ASP.NET
service, you may want to place the requests into some sort of queue,
then process the queue external of your ASP.NET app. Using a queue will
free up your IIS server to do something else. Also there is no point in
making your users wait while the broadcast is happening. The users can
always check on the status of requests in the queue.

Otherwise, if you're not using a fax broadcast service, take a look at
Microsoft's Fax Service. MS Fax Service has an ActiveX interface which
you can use to send and receive faxes through Windows.

But for high volume, it's probably best to go with a service.