FAXCOMLib The data is invalid Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anthony Planz, Feb 4, 2008.

  1. Hello,
    I try to get the code below to work.
    If I use test.tif it works just fine but all other extensions (pdf, txt, jpg
    and so on) failing with "The data is invalid Exception from HRESULT:
    0x8007000D".

    I checked if the default setting for the extensions are correct and they are
    assigned to notepad (txt) and acrobat reader (pdf) and Windows Picture and
    Fax Viewer for (jpg).
    I run Filemon and Regmon to see if there is an permission problem during the
    click event but everything seems fine.
    After the Error I have 2 events in my server logs.
    Event ID 11
    Document 4, 1C8673290FA2F - Notepad owned by NETWORK SERVICE was paused on
    Fax.
    Event ID 13
    Document 4, 1C8673290FA2F - Notepad owned by NETWORK SERVICE was deleted on
    Fax.

    any suggestions what's wrong?

    Regards
    Anthony

    System.EventArgs)

    Try
    Dim faxserver As FAXCOMLib.FaxServer
    Dim faxdoc As FAXCOMLib.FaxDoc

    faxserver = New FAXCOMLib.FaxServerClass
    faxserver.Connect("")
    faxdoc =
    faxserver.CreateDocument("c:\inetpub\collecta\temp\test.tif") 'if ichange
    the file to test.tif it works

    faxdoc.RecipientName = "receiver"
    faxdoc.FaxNumber = "2106741826"
    faxdoc.DisplayName = "test"
    faxdoc.Send()

    faxserver.Disconnect()

    Catch ex As Exception
    Response.Write(ex.Message)
    End Try

    Error:
    The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D)

    Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The data is
    invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D)

    Source Error:

    Line 41: faxdoc.FaxNumber = "2106741826"
    Line 42: faxdoc.DisplayName = "test"
    Line 43: faxdoc.Send() (here the error occours)
    Line 44:
    Line 45: faxserver.Disconnect()

    Source File: C:\Inetpub\collecta\Default.aspx.vb Line: 43

    Stack Trace:

    [COMException (0x8007000d): The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT:
    0x8007000D)]
    FAXCOMLib.IFaxDoc.Send() +0
    collecta_Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
    C:\Inetpub\collecta\Default.aspx.vb:43
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    +107
    eventArgument) +7
    sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
    includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
    Anthony Planz, Feb 4, 2008

  2. Anthony Planz

    Annzs Krish Guest

    FAXCOMLib The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8007000D)

    Hi All,

    Same problem . Even .Tif is not working , not even sending any fax. i dont know is the request is send to Fax... not rign tone in the fax machine

    Could some show Ray of hope.

    -Annzs
    Annzs Krish, Jun 21, 2008

  3. Anthony Planz

    songze qiu Guest

    thanks

    i have encountered the same problem,how did u resolved this ,can u give some advice?if u have ,can u send it to me by email :
    songze qiu, Oct 6, 2008