FAXCOMLib The data is invalid Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D

Anthony Planz

Hello,
I try to get the code below to work.
If I use test.tif it works just fine but all other extensions (pdf, txt, jpg
and so on) failing with "The data is invalid Exception from HRESULT:
0x8007000D".

I checked if the default setting for the extensions are correct and they are
assigned to notepad (txt) and acrobat reader (pdf) and Windows Picture and
Fax Viewer for (jpg).
I run Filemon and Regmon to see if there is an permission problem during the
click event but everything seems fine.
After the Error I have 2 events in my server logs.
Event ID 11
Document 4, 1C8673290FA2F - Notepad owned by NETWORK SERVICE was paused on
Fax.
Event ID 13
Document 4, 1C8673290FA2F - Notepad owned by NETWORK SERVICE was deleted on
Fax.

any suggestions what's wrong?

Regards
Anthony

System.EventArgs)

Try
Dim faxserver As FAXCOMLib.FaxServer
Dim faxdoc As FAXCOMLib.FaxDoc

faxserver = New FAXCOMLib.FaxServerClass
faxserver.Connect("")
faxdoc =
faxserver.CreateDocument("c:\inetpub\collecta\temp\test.tif") 'if ichange
the file to test.tif it works

faxdoc.RecipientName = "receiver"
faxdoc.FaxNumber = "2106741826"
faxdoc.DisplayName = "test"
faxdoc.Send()

faxserver.Disconnect()

Catch ex As Exception
Response.Write(ex.Message)
End Try

Error:
The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D)

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The data is
invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000D)

Source Error:

Line 41: faxdoc.FaxNumber = "2106741826"
Line 42: faxdoc.DisplayName = "test"
Line 43: faxdoc.Send() (here the error occours)
Line 44:
Line 45: faxserver.Disconnect()

Source File: C:\Inetpub\collecta\Default.aspx.vb Line: 43

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x8007000d): The data is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x8007000D)]
FAXCOMLib.IFaxDoc.Send() +0
collecta_Default.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\collecta\Default.aspx.vb:43
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
+107
eventArgument) +7
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Annzs Krish

Hi All,

Same problem . Even .Tif is not working , not even sending any fax. i dont know is the request is send to Fax... not rign tone in the fax machine

Could some show Ray of hope.

-Annzs