FCNTL module deprecation warning

Discussion in 'Python' started by Meyer, Tony, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. Meyer, Tony

    Meyer, Tony Guest

    (I did try to google for an answer to this, but couldn't find anything,
    although plenty of instances of the warning).

    I don't understand this warning:
    >>> import fcntl

    C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL
    module is deprecated; please use fcntl
    DeprecationWarning)

    It seems to be saying that I shouldn't use "import FCNTL" (which gives
    the same warning), but "import fcntl", but that's what I _am_ doing.

    (I don't actually even import fnctl, but httplib does, and causes this
    all over the place.

    Any light shedding would be appreciated.

    =Tony Meyer
    Meyer, Tony, Jul 15, 2003

  2. Meyer, Tony enlightened us with:
    > C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the
    > FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

    Seems you're using windoze.

    > It seems to be saying that I shouldn't use "import FCNTL" (which gives
    > the same warning), but "import fcntl", but that's what I _am_ doing.

    Windoze has a case insensitive filesystem, and thus it can't see the
    difference between FCNTL and fcntl. Try removing the depricated FCNTL
    from your harddisk, or rename it to FCNTL-dep.py.

    Sybren
    Sybren Stuvel, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Meyer, Tony

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Sybren Stuvel wrote:

    > Meyer, Tony enlightened us with:
    > > C:\Program Files\Python23\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the
    > > FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

    > Seems you're using windoze.
    >
    > > It seems to be saying that I shouldn't use "import FCNTL" (which gives
    > > the same warning), but "import fcntl", but that's what I _am_ doing.

    > Windoze has a case insensitive filesystem, and thus it can't see the
    > difference between FCNTL and fcntl. Try removing the depricated FCNTL
    > from your harddisk, or rename it to FCNTL-dep.py.

    And check for any .pyc files that might be involved, like FCNTL.pyc,
    since they might be confusing things even more...
    Peter Hansen, Jul 15, 2003