feasibility of stochastic systems on FPGA

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Divyang M, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Divyang M

    Divyang M Guest

    I am looking for comments on what other hardware designers think of
    implementing stochastic systems on an FPGA and share their views and
    experience if they've designed such a system before.

    I am personally trying to evaluate the feasibility of implementing a
    beta distribution on a Stratix S80 chip (I probably have a maximum of
    50% of the resources on the chip for this purpose), so any views on
    this specific (beta distribution) are also very much welcome.

    Also, can anyone point to some literature on this topic? I've so far
    only been able to find 2 references (both by the same author). Here
    they are for those intrested:

    "Implementing a hidden Markov model speech recognition system in
    programmable logic", FPL 2001, S.J. Melnikoff et al.

    "Implementing a Simple Continuous Speech Recognition System on an
    FPGA", IEEE FCCM 2002, S.J. Melnikoff et al.

    Thank you,
    Divyang M
    Divyang M, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Divyang M