Feature of Sun Java 2

winwin

Dear all,
Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!
Thanks and regards,
Winwin

Chris Smith

winwin said:
Dear all,
Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!

That's a rather large question. A good starting place is
http://java.sun.com. You aren't going to find a full list of the
advantages and disadvantages, though. Even neglecting cases where what
is an advantage in some cases may be neutral or even a disadvantage in
others, for something as complex as the whole Java platform new
advantages and disadvantages are found on a continuous basis!

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Michael Borgwardt

winwin said:
Dear all,
Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!

Advantages and disadvantages as compared to what?

chris

winwin said:
Dear all,
Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and
disadvantage! Thanks and regards,
Winwin

Java2 is Sun's marketing name for everything they brought out after Java
1.1.8. Which happens to cover just about everything that Microsoft decided
not to implement during the past 6 years or so.

Java 1.1.x is pretty deprecated these days. If you look for the API on
Sun's web site, you see the following:
Sun is providing the products available below as a courtesy to developers
for problem resolution. The products available here have completed the Sun
EOL process and are no longer supported under standard support contracts.
These products are down-revision products that may have various bugs,
Y2000, and possibly security issues associated with them. Sun in no way
recommends these products be used in a live, production environment. Any
use of product on this page is at the sole discretion of the developer and
Sun assumes no responsiblity for any resulting problems.

Roedy Green

Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!
Thanks and regards,

You somewhat behind the times Java 2 (a confusing name not used by
techies) came out years ago. I think it was when Collections came in.
I don't know how you would get much done without them. They have
become totally integral to my coding style. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/Collection.html

It was also the time Swing appeared. You can only create very Spartan
apps with the old AWT. If you want eye candy you need Swing.