    Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!
    Thanks and regards,
    Winwin
    winwin, Apr 14, 2004

  2. winwin

    Chris Smith Guest

    winwin wrote:
    > Dear all,
    > Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!

    That's a rather large question. A good starting place is
    http://java.sun.com. You aren't going to find a full list of the
    advantages and disadvantages, though. Even neglecting cases where what
    is an advantage in some cases may be neutral or even a disadvantage in
    others, for something as complex as the whole Java platform new
    advantages and disadvantages are found on a continuous basis!

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation
    Chris Smith, Apr 14, 2004

  3. winwin wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!

    Advantages and disadvantages as compared to what?
    Michael Borgwardt, Apr 15, 2004
  4. winwin

    chris Guest

    winwin wrote:

    > Dear all,
    > Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and
    > disadvantage! Thanks and regards,
    > Winwin

    Java2 is Sun's marketing name for everything they brought out after Java
    1.1.8. Which happens to cover just about everything that Microsoft decided
    not to implement during the past 6 years or so.

    Java 1.1.x is pretty deprecated these days. If you look for the API on
    Sun's web site, you see the following:
    Sun is providing the products available below as a courtesy to developers
    for problem resolution. The products available here have completed the Sun
    EOL process and are no longer supported under standard support contracts.
    These products are down-revision products that may have various bugs,
    Y2000, and possibly security issues associated with them. Sun in no way
    recommends these products be used in a live, production environment. Any
    use of product on this page is at the sole discretion of the developer and
    Sun assumes no responsiblity for any resulting problems.

    --
    Chris Gray
    /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
    chris, Apr 18, 2004
  5. winwin

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 14 Apr 2004 00:50:23 -0700, (winwin) wrote or
    quoted :

    >Please let me know the feature of Java 2, plus the advantage and disadvantage!
    >Thanks and regards,

    You somewhat behind the times Java 2 (a confusing name not used by
    techies) came out years ago. I think it was when Collections came in.
    I don't know how you would get much done without them. They have
    become totally integral to my coding style. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/Collection.html

    It was also the time Swing appeared. You can only create very Spartan
    apps with the old AWT. If you want eye candy you need Swing.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Apr 19, 2004