February Meeting of the Washington XML Users Group

Discussion in 'XML' started by Betty Harvey, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Betty Harvey

    Betty Harvey Guest

    The next meeting of the XML Users Group will be held on Wednesday,
    February 16, 2005 at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) at 2000
    Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20009-1277. The meeting
    starts at 7:00 p.m. and usually last approximately 2 hours. If attending
    the meeting by Metro, get off the Dupont Circle stop and walk
    north to Florida Avenue...turn right.

    There is no cost associated with attending but if you are planning on
    attending this meeting, please let us know so that we can give a list to
    AGU management. You can register at:

    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/meeting-register.html

    Agenda:

    Terrence Brady, LexisNexis, Topic Maps

    Mark Baker and Shigeki Hagiwara, Justsystem
    Justsystem is a $120M company based in Tokushima, Japan that
    develops XML technologies. At the XML 2004 conference in Washington
    DC, we announced a new line of XML management technologies aimed at
    addressing the need for scalable usage of customized and compound
    vocabularies in the authoring and consumption of documents. The
    product line is called xfy Technology.

    Below are a few links to media coverage for xfy:

    http://www.sdtimes.com/news/117/story17.htm

    If you would like more information or to download a trial
    version of the product, please visit: http://www.xfytec.com.

    The presentation will discuss will discuss an approach to
    visually creating, editing and synchronizing, nested compound

    March 2005

    Michael Hahn, Vasont Software

    Eating Your Own Dog Food

    Repeated classes and presentations make an excellent case for
    reuse and repurposing, one of those things SGML and XML are
    supposed to be good for. This presentation discusses the system
    I use to prepare and present classes and talks, using the very
    technologies I'm teaching and discussing.

    The collection of DTD modules and stylesheets will be available
    online following the presentation.

    April 2005

    Jonathan Bruce, DataDirect, XQuery

    Hope to see you there.

    Washington Area XML Users Group Web Site:
    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug
    Electronic copies of papers supplied from speakers are
    available on-line.

    To subscribe to the Washington Area XML Users Group mailing
    list, go to http://ecc05.eccnet.com/mailman/listinfo/xmlusers.

    DIRECTIONS:

    From Connecticut Avenue north of AGU, make a left onto
    T Street (1 block before Florida Avenue). Drive one block,
    the entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your
    right.

    >From Connecticut Avenue of AGU, make your first right

    after Florida Avenue onto T Street. Drive one block. the
    entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your right.

    >From I-66

    - Continue east on I-66 to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. This
    places you on Constitution Avenue.
    - Take a left on 18th Street, NW and head north. Continue north to
    Connecticut Avenue.
    - Turn left (North) on Connecticut Avenue to Florida Avenue.
    - Right on Florida Avenue. AGU is 1/2 block on the right at the
    corner of 20th & Florida Avenue.

    Betty Harvey | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
    Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |

    Betty Harvey, Feb 11, 2005