fedora 3.1 python install

oystercatcher

had installed python 3.0. on fc11 x64
the only anomalies were a couple of tests failed during the make
test. make altinstall was fine and have been using it for a simple
math exercise.

attempting to install python 3.1 the make test hangs at
test_httpservers and I had to kill the task after waiting quite
awhile. now probably this is no big deal and I should just go ahead
and run the make altinstall but it would be nice to know a bit more
about what is going on here.

thanks