fedora core 5 and tcltklib

Ed Redman

I have fedora Core 5 running on two machines (both pentium 4 dual boot
machines).

I have installed ruby (ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-linux]) and
ruby tk (ruby-tcltk-1.8.4).

When I run irb and add require 'tk'. This is the error message I receive.

/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1102: warning: Inconsistency.
Loaded Tcl/Tk libraries are enabled nativethread-support.
But `tcltklib' is not. The inconsistency causes SEGV or other troubles
frequently.

This error is present on both machines.

Is there some way of correcting this problem.

thanks