    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    [1]
    http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/javascript/form/limit-characters.html

    clintonG, Oct 17, 2005

  2. Looks like the article already talks you through how to implement that
    feature. You can only do that in JavaScript. Is there a problem
    implementing their code in your site?

    Peter Rilling, Oct 17, 2005

  3. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    Hello Peter,

    I attempted to implement using several strategies. The feedback won't
    function. I think it may be due to the value of the gnarly name attribute
    generated by the ASP.NET control tree. I've got to sleep on it tonight...

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Oct 17, 2005
  4. The name of a control as seen by IE usually never changes (unless it is
    dynamic). You could, in IE, view the html source and use the name provided
    as your reference, or you could dynamically generate the JavaScript and use
    the ClientID property of .NET to output the correct reference when
    generating the JavaScript.

    Peter Rilling, Oct 17, 2005
  5. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    I'm going to try using the control's ID today...

    clintonG, Oct 17, 2005