Fender Guitars

John Bean

Your SPAM appears to be non-existent. Vapourware. Not real.

Shame, I fancied a Spam fritter.

just bob

John Bean said:
Your SPAM appears to be non-existent. Vapourware. Not real.

Shame, I fancied a Spam fritter.

The guy gets Google dollars when people view the site or click on links, me
thinks. It's spam.

Lew

just said:
The guy gets Google dollars when people view the site or click on links, me
thinks. It's spam.

Yes, but it's not SPAM.

SPAM is a registered trademark of Hormel Foods Corporation for a canned pork
product.

Spam is unwanted messages or email.

Guest

Lew said:
Yes, but it's not SPAM.

SPAM is a registered trademark of Hormel Foods Corporation for a canned
pork product.

Spam is unwanted messages or email.

It should be rather obvious what is was.

Why not leave it to Hormel to complain ?

Arne

Ben Finney

Arne Vajhøj said:
Why not leave it to Hormel to complain ?

Because it's better to deal with incorrect terminology at a social
level, before it gets to the point where lawyers need to become
involved.

just bob

Lew said:
Yes, but it's not SPAM.

SPAM is a registered trademark of Hormel Foods Corporation for a canned
pork product.

Spam is unwanted messages or email.

Or "SPAM" , is me shouting an alert for spam.

salty

Yes, but it's not SPAM.

SPAM is a registered trademark of Hormel Foods Corporation for a canned pork
product.

Spam is unwanted messages or email.

No, that is usually called U.C.E.

ChrisM

In message (e-mail address removed),
No, that is usually called U.C.E.

Unsolicited Commercial Email yea, but WHO(and I'm talking about the general
public) actually uses(or has even heard of) that acronym?

salty

In message (e-mail address removed),

Unsolicited Commercial Email yea, but WHO(and I'm talking about the general
public) actually uses(or has even heard of) that acronym?

I have, apparently!

John Bean

I have, apparently!

Nah, you're using a proper newsreader to access Usenet so by
definition you're not "general public" who only understand
pointy-clicky-webby things.