fetching method names from a class, and the parameter list from amethod

Discussion in 'Python' started by Philippe C. Martin, Jan 10, 2005.

  1. Is this possible ?

    I am trying to have auto-completion working in a shell I wrote but I
    currently have the method lists done by hand (ie; if I add/subtract a
    method from that class, then my auto-completion is out of date).

    Same issue with method parameters.

    I have parsed through many of the attributes (ex: I use method.__doc__)
    but have not yet found a way to achieve the above goal.

    Is there a way? something like the following would be great:
    1) list = Class.__methods__
    2) dict (because of default values: "param = None") =
    Class.__method__[0].__params__

    Regards,

    Philippe

    --