Fetching protected URL in tomcat

Discussion in 'Java' started by Per Steffensen, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Hi

    Using (JBoss/)Tomcat.

    I am using declarative protection to protect some of the pages on my
    site. Like this in web.xml:
    <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>X users</web-resource-name>
    <description>X users</description>
    <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
    <http-method>GET</http-method>
    <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
    <description>X users</description>
    <role-name>user</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    I use a login.jsp to login. It is set up in web.xml:
    <login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <form-login-config>
    <form-login-page>login.jsp</form-login-page>
    <form-error-page>login.jsp</form-error-page>
    </form-login-config>
    </login-config>

    It works fine. When I try to go to a *.do page without being locked
    in, I am sent to login.jsp for login.

    My problem is:
    How do I, in login.jsp code, fetch information about the URL the user
    was trying to go to, when we was sent to login.jsp.
    Using WebLogic you can read the "j_target_url" attribute from session
    scope, but how do you do it on (JBoss/)Tomcat??

    Thanx

    Per Steffensen, Aug 14, 2003