Few queries about Ruby implementation

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Sneha Bendre, May 29, 2007.

  1. Sneha Bendre

    Sneha Bendre Guest

    Hi All,

    I have few questions about the current Ruby implementation. It would be
    great if someone could help me out with this:
    1. Extendability of Ruby: Is it static or dynamic? Should the extensions
    in ruby implement static functions or are the extensions called
    dynamically?
    2. Is there any information /documentation about the next Ruby release
    version ( Ruby 2.0) or what are the proposed updates in the next Ruby
    implementation release?
    3. In case any one has tried implementing a Ruby Uno bridge( or any
    bridgebetween two languages), can I get some documentation about the
    basics steps to be taken while writing the bridge, the bridge
    architecture, the approach document ?

    Thanks,
    Sneha

    Sneha Bendre, May 29, 2007