Few questions On "Community Server"

VB Programmer

1. Is there an ASP.NET 2.0 version available yet?
2. Is there a VB.NET version available?
3. How do I install the source version on my dev machine (I have SQL Server
2000, VS.NET, IIS, etc...)

Thanks!

S. Justin Gengo

1. Yes - Beta
2. Yes - Beta

Both may be downloaded from an MSDN subscription (I'm not certain if they
are available any other way).

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer

www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzsche

Juan T. Llibre

I think he meant whether the *Community Server*
has ASP.NET 2.0 and VB.NET versions.

;-)

The answers are

1. No
2. No

re:
3. How do I install the source version on my dev machine ?

Fill out the form at :
http://www.telligentsystems.com/Solutions/license.aspx?File=forums-source.exe

and you will be emailed a URL to download an executable file
which automates the installation with a wizard.

General info on the Community Server Forums can be found at :
http://www.telligentsystems.com/Solutions/Forums/

Patrick.O.Ige

Can the community server fit into an intranet i mean i don't want users to
login using form Authentication but windows
authentication.Which means on login in into their machine then when they get
to the forum
they use their User.Identity.Name to post etc...
Any ideas?

VB Programmer

Thanks. But do I install it on my DEVELOPMENT machine the same way? I need
to modify the code, change pages, etc...

Juan T. Llibre

Yes, you install it on the development machine,
and make whatever changes you want to the source.

You can then *publish* it to your production server, using VS.NET 2003.

You will need to make sure the database exists in your production server,
and is accessible by your production web server, and that the virtual
directory name is the same in both servers.

You don't have to *install* it on your production web server.

VB Programmer

Thanks Juan. You're a great help.

I got it working. But, I noticed that the aspx pages are not obvious to
modify. For example, if I pull up Forums/default.aspx all I get is a "Error
Creating Control - MP Container". Any ideas on how I can modify these aspx
pages easily, to add buttons, functionality, etc...?

Thanks!

Patrick.O.Ige

Thx Juan but i was thinking it was free!
Are there any free version ones
I will check the FORUM out thanks
Patrick

Juan T. Llibre

All Add-ons are extra.

The only thing free is the Community Server, if used non-commercially.
If it's used commercially, you must pay a license fee.

Patrick.O.Ige

ok thanks
Juan