    it at all. Who wants so much complexity?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 11, 2007

  2. dorayme

    John Hosking Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > Have I clicked something by accident? I am getting a lot of pesky:
    >
    > repeat-y scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial;
    > -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial;
    > -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;...
    >
    > added to the html markup when viewing in FF "Web Developer" tool,
    > (the Edit HTML)
    >
    > I assume this is all 'final resolved' code but I never used to
    > see it I am pretty sure as long ago as a last week? I don't like
    > it at all. Who wants so much complexity?

    Do you simultaneously have some other Web Developer feature going, such
    as Outline Block Level Elements or something? I believe I've seen these
    things show up "in the code" sometimes.

    --
    John
    Pondering the value of the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/
    John Hosking, Oct 11, 2007

  3. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <470d7778$>,
    John Hosking <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > Have I clicked something by accident? I am getting a lot of pesky:
    > >
    > > repeat-y scroll 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial;
    > > -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial;
    > > -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;...
    > >
    > > added to the html markup when viewing in FF "Web Developer" tool,
    > > (the Edit HTML)
    > >
    > > I assume this is all 'final resolved' code but I never used to
    > > see it I am pretty sure as long ago as a last week? I don't like
    > > it at all. Who wants so much complexity?

    > Do you simultaneously have some other Web Developer feature going, such
    > as Outline Block Level Elements or something? I believe I've seen these
    > things show up "in the code" sometimes.

    I often tick "show element names" and "outline elements"?

    But no, even with these unticked, I am getting this pesky
    business.

    It happens even when I drag a plain text html file over the open
    FF window, all this extra stuff is showing. I can delete it by
    hand, boring, and it then stays gone until a refresh or another
    text-file drag is done. It also happens when I am looking at
    external websites. With the internal ones, it is easy to avoid by
    copy pasting the html text into the developer code window. But
    for external sites, it means messing about and getting source
    code and doing same...

    Something has happened! Just took another look at my options and
    I can't immediately see anything relevant? I know have set FF to
    auto update, perhaps there is a new build with some bug in it or
    some unwelcome decision has been taken?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 11, 2007
  4. dorayme

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 11 Oct 2007 01:33:57 GMT
    dorayme scribed:

    > Something has happened! Just took another look at my options and
    > I can't immediately see anything relevant? I know have set FF to
    > auto update, perhaps there is a new build with some bug in it or
    > some unwelcome decision has been taken?

    FF has recently (-last few days) been upped to 2.0.0.7.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Oct 11, 2007