FF prints only first page

Juerg Beck

Hi all

My page http://www.bcbaden.ch prints only the first page when viewed
with FireFox, Mozilla and Netscape 8.1, while IE 6 and other browsers
(Safari, Opera) print them all, although totally differently
formatted.
Also none of the browser uses my page formatting instructions in CSS
(A4 landscape).
- Which formatting instructions are handled by which browser ?
- What brings FF to see only 1 page for my site. It doesn't do that
for other pages. What did I do wrong ?
Thanks for all advices
BR
Juerg

Jonathan N. Little

Juerg said:
Hi all

My page http://www.bcbaden.ch prints only the first page when viewed
with FireFox, Mozilla and Netscape 8.1, while IE 6 and other browsers
(Safari, Opera) print them all, although totally differently
formatted.
Also none of the browser uses my page formatting instructions in CSS
(A4 landscape).
- Which formatting instructions are handled by which browser ?
- What brings FF to see only 1 page for my site. It doesn't do that
for other pages. What did I do wrong ?
Thanks for all advices

'Due to negative margin values (either on the page box or on elements)
or absolute positioning content may end up outside the page box, but
this content may be "cut" — by the user agent, the printer, or
ultimately, the paper cutter.'

from: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/page.html#x3

Also...

@page { size:landscape; size:29.7cm 21.0cm; ...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What is this? CSS3 don't expect many browsers to support this yet. We
cannot even get MS to cooperate and support CSS2.1 with their *new* browser!

Animesh K

Jonathan said:
Also...

@page { size:landscape; size:29.7cm 21.0cm; ...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What is this? CSS3 don't expect many browsers to support this yet. We
cannot even get MS to cooperate and support CSS2.1 with their *new*
browser!

If you think MS Bindows does better with time, you are mistaken.

Vista's SP1 is supposed to fix bugs like:

1) Improving time-estimates of copy-paste or move-files.
2) Minimizing memory leaks.
3) Improving screensaver's effect on performance.
4) Better use of RAM.

Need I say more? I mean item 1) is like they are doing it since Windows
95 or 98!

Jonathan N. Little

Animesh said:
If you think MS Bindows does better with time, you are mistaken.

Vista's SP1 is supposed to fix bugs like:

1) Improving time-estimates of copy-paste or move-files.
2) Minimizing memory leaks.
3) Improving screensaver's effect on performance.
4) Better use of RAM.

Huh?

We are taking about *web* browsers and CSS support right?

1) I don't want my *web* to copy, paste, move, mangle, whatever files on
my local file system.

2) Kudos

3) What does my screen saver got to do with anything? Haven't used a
screen saver since my kids would annoy me with the lawnmower man and
bungee-jumping cows in After Dark of Win3.1 era.

4) Only because much of resource is hidden as part of OS, because IE
*is* part of OS.
Need I say more? I mean item 1) is like they are doing it since Windows
95 or 98!

Are you trolling or are you reading a different thread?

Juerg Beck

Thanks a lot, marking those elements with "display:none; " helped.
Now everything seems to be OK
BR
Juerg

Animesh K

Jonathan said:
Huh?

We are taking about *web* browsers and CSS support right?

1) I don't want my *web* to copy, paste, move, mangle, whatever files on
my local file system.

2) Kudos

3) What does my screen saver got to do with anything? Haven't used a
screen saver since my kids would annoy me with the lawnmower man and
bungee-jumping cows in After Dark of Win3.1 era.

4) Only because much of resource is hidden as part of OS, because IE
*is* part of OS.

Are you trolling or are you reading a different thread?

I am not trolling. I wanted to tell why MS's new browser may never work.
That I tried to accomplish by citing a *parallel example* from the OS
world. I hope I am clearer now.

You were telling that MS's new browser doesn't support CSS 2.1 fully. I
just cited a parallel where *MS's new product is known to be
bug-loaded*; my point being, just because the browser is new is not
going to help the situation. Microsoft is known for bugs with trivial
things like cut-paste within their OWN operating system.

Jonathan N. Little

Animesh said:
I am not trolling. I wanted to tell why MS's new browser may never work.
That I tried to accomplish by citing a *parallel example* from the OS
world. I hope I am clearer now.

You were telling that MS's new browser doesn't support CSS 2.1 fully. I
just cited a parallel where *MS's new product is known to be
bug-loaded*; my point being, just because the browser is new is not
going to help the situation. Microsoft is known for bugs with trivial
things like cut-paste within their OWN operating system.

OOoooh. Okay. I agree with you there I still cannot get myself to
install that WinXP on my new drive...still loving my Win2K. But I must
in order to test this IE7 turkey.

Not sure what you mean about cut-paste bugs, except that little time
estimate when copying or moving folder has no basis in reality. I guess
estimate are in MS-Time.