    big screen before this update.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 24, 2012

  2. dorayme wrote:

    > Anyone notice a change in the way the FF Web Developer Extension now
    > does not wrap the CSS when opening in Edit mode. Could have sworn we did
    > not need the pesky horiz scroll bar or the full power (width) of a big
    > screen before this update.

    Hmm. You're right. It also shows up with line numbers, and in a color
    combination that renders it unreadable. Alt-Shift-C isn't much better.

    I have Web Developer 1.2.1 -- <http://tekrider.net/usenet/wdcss.jpg>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 24, 2012

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > dorayme wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone notice a change in the way the FF Web Developer Extension now
    >> does not wrap the CSS when opening in Edit mode. Could have sworn we did
    >> not need the pesky horiz scroll bar or the full power (width) of a big
    >> screen before this update.

    > Hmm. You're right. It also shows up with line numbers, and in a color
    > combination that renders it unreadable. Alt-Shift-C isn't much better.
    >
    > I have Web Developer 1.2.1 -- <http://tekrider.net/usenet/wdcss.jpg>

    Probably to accommodate the line numbers (which is a handy feature IMO).
    If you don't like the syntax highlighting you can change it under
    Options > Color. You can even disable it if you wish. Now is your Edit
    CSS window a sidebar window, because mine is a bottom pane the full
    width of the browser which normally I have set that will accommodate ~
    72 chars?

    Personally I like to group my rules and pre-wrap them for about 72 chars
    window.

    ..foo {
    margin: 1em 3em; padding: 1em; border: 2px solid #fff;
    color: #fdd; background: #333 url(dark.png) repeat;

    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 24, 2012
  4. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> dorayme wrote:
    >>> Anyone notice a change in the way the FF Web Developer Extension now
    >>> does not wrap the CSS when opening in Edit mode. Could have sworn we
    >>> did not need the pesky horiz scroll bar or the full power (width) of a
    >>> big screen before this update.

    >> Hmm. You're right. It also shows up with line numbers, and in a color
    >> combination that renders it unreadable. Alt-Shift-C isn't much better.
    >>
    >> I have Web Developer 1.2.1 -- <http://tekrider.net/usenet/wdcss.jpg>

    > Probably to accommodate the line numbers (which is a handy feature IMO).
    > If you don't like the syntax highlighting you can change it under
    > Options > Color. You can even disable it if you wish. Now is your Edit
    > CSS window a sidebar window, because mine is a bottom pane the full
    > width of the browser which normally I have set that will accommodate ~
    > 72 chars?

    Under Colors, I see only a choice of Theme: Light, Dark, None. I've set
    it to None, but the sidebar is still hard-to-read light gray on white.
    There is no choice in Options that I see to adjust the actual colors used.

    (Yes it's a sidebar. My screen is much wider than it is tall, so I prefer
    to have more available height for the webpage itself.)

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 24, 2012
  5. Ed Mullen wrote:

    >> (Yes it's a sidebar. My screen is much wider than it is tall, so I
    >> prefer to have more available height for the webpage itself.)

    > Hmm. I'm not seeing any way to have the extension load in a
    > SeaMonkey/Firefox sidebar. Any idea how to do that?

    On my picture above, see the grid-looking icon to the left of the red X.
    Click it and choose where you want it to be. Bottom, left, right, top.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 24, 2012
  6. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In article <k189vp$hng$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    > > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Hmm. You're right. It also shows up with line numbers, and in a color
    > >> combination that renders it unreadable. Alt-Shift-C isn't much better.
    > >>
    > >> I have Web Developer 1.2.1 -- <http://tekrider.net/usenet/wdcss.jpg>

    > > Probably to accommodate the line numbers (which is a handy feature IMO).

    If that is the reason, it's a bad one. The text in markup (the same
    problem btw) and css could still wrap, the line numbers then spaced
    out as in some text editors and source views.

    > > If you don't like the syntax highlighting you can change it under
    > > Options > Color. You can even disable it if you wish. Now is your Edit
    > > CSS window a sidebar window, because mine is a bottom pane the full
    > > width of the browser which normally I have set that will accommodate ~
    > > 72 chars?

    Height is often more precious for many of us than width, but I can see
    that it is no problem for Jonathan's way of looking.

    Jonathan mentioned his wrap settings in his own work, but one of the
    beaut things about the former sidebar extension tool wrapping was its
    use in looking at other people's sites, over which there is no control.

    > Under Colors, I see only a choice of Theme: Light, Dark, None. I've set
    > it to None, but the sidebar is still hard-to-read light gray on white.
    > There is no choice in Options that I see to adjust the actual colors used.

    Yes, there is a None and it is pretty plain, and best of all, it
    allows the source or css to wrap! (thank you JL) True, you lose the
    line numbers, Pedrick could have them too but it is probably harder
    work to program with a wrap?

    And the grey background and less than black text would be nice to
    change but ... well, it's better than a poke in the eye with a burnt
    stick.

    dorayme, Aug 24, 2012
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Under Colors, I see only a choice of Theme: Light, Dark, None. I've set
    > it to None, but the sidebar is still hard-to-read light gray on white.
    > There is no choice in Options that I see to adjust the actual colors used.

    Well the extension is in your user profile, for you

    /home/beauregard?/.mozilla/firefox/profiles/RANDOM.default/extension/{B71ACFF2-E436-4cc7-B5E3-0C8E2CC981BA}.xpi

    the XPI is a ZIP file, extract and hack away! ;-)

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Aug 24, 2012
  8. Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> Hmm. I'm not seeing any way to have the extension load in a
    >>> SeaMonkey/Firefox sidebar. Any idea how to do that?

    >> On my picture above, see the grid-looking icon to the left of the red
    >> X. Click it and choose where you want it to be. Bottom, left, right,
    >> top.

    > Okay, I'm being incredibly dense here. And how do I get to the display
    > depicted in your .jpg?

    Open the CSS Editing window from the toolbar (CSS > Edit CSS) or Alt+Shift
    +D. If it doesn't appear as a left sidebar, follow the above instructions
    with the grid-looking icon. You can drag the inner-facing border to widen/
    narrow it.

    > Sorry, either I need to have not had the previous three drinks or I need
    > to have three more. Geez. And, yeah, I don't use the extension all
    > that much but when I need it, it is invaluable.

    Try a Bud Lite Lime...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 24, 2012