FF Web developer Source Display

Discussion in 'HTML' started by dorayme, Oct 23, 2007.

  1. dorayme

    dorayme Guest

    In FF Web Developer, when I look at the source in "Edit HTML", I
    am getting the generated source rather than the original source.
    This original source is represented accurately in View
    Source in the Web Developer menu and also under main FF menu:
    View/Page Source.

    I am sure I have not always had it do this and
    want to know if others are getting similar or if there is a
    setting I need to attend to, to allow Edit HTML to display the
    original (ungenerated) source.

    Cutting and pasting the body html from a local file to the Edit
    HTM pane "fixes" the problem temporarily (until one refreshes!)
    but this rather defeats the full convenience of this excellent FF
    add on.

    Perhaps it has always done this and I have not noticed? I don't
    use inline css styling that much. There is no problem typing an
    line style in directly, it stays as typed if the browser is
    unshaken.

    I would appreciate anyone telling me if this occurs in anyone
    else's FF, is it just a Mac thing or across platforms? I have FF
    2.0.0.8.

    Here is a test url to make it easier:

    http://netweaver.com.au/test/FF_EditHTML_Test.html

    From my original:

    border: 1px dotted #c00;">Display...</p>

    I get:

    padding: 2em; background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll
    0%; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial;
    -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial;
    -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;">Display...</p>

    (I have asked a vaguer question along these lines before and I am
    sorry, I have failed to find it in Google. Hence new thread with
    more specifics and a test url).

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 23, 2007