FF Web developer Source Display

dorayme

In FF Web Developer, when I look at the source in "Edit HTML", I
am getting the generated source rather than the original source.
This original source is represented accurately in View
Source in the Web Developer menu and also under main FF menu:
View/Page Source.

I am sure I have not always had it do this and
want to know if others are getting similar or if there is a
setting I need to attend to, to allow Edit HTML to display the
original (ungenerated) source.

Cutting and pasting the body html from a local file to the Edit
HTM pane "fixes" the problem temporarily (until one refreshes!)
but this rather defeats the full convenience of this excellent FF
add on.

Perhaps it has always done this and I have not noticed? I don't
use inline css styling that much. There is no problem typing an
line style in directly, it stays as typed if the browser is
unshaken.

I would appreciate anyone telling me if this occurs in anyone
else's FF, is it just a Mac thing or across platforms? I have FF
2.0.0.8.

Here is a test url to make it easier:

http://netweaver.com.au/test/FF_EditHTML_Test.html

From my original:

border: 1px dotted #c00;">Display...</p>

I get:

padding: 2em; background: rgb(255, 255, 255) none repeat scroll
0%; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial;
-moz-background-origin: -moz-initial;
-moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;">Display...</p>

(I have asked a vaguer question along these lines before and I am
sorry, I have failed to find it in Google. Hence new thread with
more specifics and a test url).