FF4

Jeff Thies

Any CSS or html rendering changes from FF3.6 to FF4 that might be
gotchas?

All I can find is some bits about background resizing for a FF4 beta:

http://www.quirksmode.org/css/contents.html

On another note, does turning off the plugin "sandbox" really speed
up FF? I think I'd rather have FF crash than drag along.

Jeff

dorayme

Jeff Thies said:
Any CSS or html rendering changes from FF3.6 to FF4 that might be
gotchas?

All I can find is some bits about background resizing for a FF4 beta:

If it is not on this page, it is unlikely anyone here would have
the jump on those who made it their business to know in the url
you give below.

But, btw, and excuse me again on this, without more contrasty
print to identify the browsers, and without some vertical
borders, it is hard to read easily! I have decked out my LCD
desktop screens with sliding 'rulers' like on the adjustable
photographic paper holders in darkrooms, scratched several so bad
that I have had to throw screens out. The page has cost me
$3,425.78 so far. Webpage makers have a bigger responsibility to
users than they sometimes realise! <g>

Jeff Thies

If it is not on this page, it is unlikely anyone here would have
the jump on those who made it their business to know in the url
you give below.

But, btw, and excuse me again on this, without more contrasty
print to identify the browsers, and without some vertical
borders, it is hard to read easily! I have decked out my LCD
desktop screens with sliding 'rulers' like on the adjustable
photographic paper holders in darkrooms, scratched several so bad
that I have had to throw screens out. The page has cost me
$3,425.78 so far. Webpage makers have a bigger responsibility to
users than they sometimes realise!<g>

Good to see you around. Not much new here, just rehashes of the old.
It's gotten so I don't even check in IE anymore, all the worst bugs were
in versions before 8 (which is what I have here), so why bother.

I remember when it was a challenge, not sure if I miss that or not!

Jeff