FFT on a wav file

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by kieran, Nov 5, 2008.

  1. kieran

    kieran Guest

    Hi all,
    after trying a few different modules to perform an FFT on a WAV file I
    settled on the following one, Freqext.
    http://tomacorp.com/perl/wav/Freqext.html
    I used some of the sample code on the above page to track a moving
    frequency "Using the FFT to Track a Moving Frequency".
    The outputI am getting back looks correct but for a 13 second file all
    the results are compressed into the first half of the output. The
    application is returning a long list of results split up over the 13
    seconds, see example output below. All the results unp until 1/2 the
    length of the wav file are fine but the second half is always empty.
    If the first half of the results were spread over the entire length of
    the file it would be correct.
    I have tried many different wav files of different length and sample
    rate, also i have tried every different size of fft between 8 and
    262144.
    Any Ideas?
    Hope you can help,
    Kieran