FFT on Virtex II Pro (how to download .dat file?)

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Vitaliy, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. Vitaliy

    Vitaliy Guest

    Hello,

    I am using FFT v.3.2 core from Xilinx to implement FFT algorithm on
    FPGA. I would like to download .dat file as my input (which is digital
    representation of sinusoidal wave shown below) to test the real-time
    functionality

    -12539
    -32767
    -12539

    I'm not sure if the above data would show up in the correct format in
    the newsgroup, but each line represents a point on sine line (.dat file
    taken from sample files on Xilinx website - sine_9_375mhz.dat).

    Now, I would like to download the project into FPGA and test (using
    ..dat file) it. Is there a way to download .dat file into FPGA block
    memory?

    The connectors I have:
    1) Parallel IV cable
    2) CF card

    The software I have (all full educational versions):
    1) Xilinx ISE
    2) Chipscope Pro
    3) FPGA Advantage

    I do not currently have A/D converters on FPGA board. I received a
    suggestion that I can use counter to represent the sine wave; however,
    I would need to perform further operations on the data (which would be
    different than constant frequency sinusoidal wave), so using counters
    to create those signals would not be the optimal solution for me.

    PS. Sorry if this will be double posted.

    Thanks,

    Vitaliy
    Ryerson University

    Vitaliy, Dec 8, 2006