    Can anybody tell me what a fibonacci search is?
    any URL for the above information will also do.

    Thanks for reading.
    Niks, Nov 8, 2005

  2. Niks

    Madguy Guest

    I'm sorry if i'm wrong... but i've never heard of fibonacci search...
    but fibonacci sequence... fibonacci sequence is as follows,

    0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21

    that is,
    if n=1 then fib =0
    if n=2 then fib=1
    if n>2 then fib=fib(n-1)+fib(n-2) //this is a recursive call

    /Cheers,
    -MadGuy
    Madguy, Nov 8, 2005

  3. Niks

    jacob navia Guest

    Niks a écrit :
    > Can anybody tell me what a fibonacci search is?
    > any URL for the above information will also do.
    >
    > Thanks for reading.

    http://www.auto.tuwien.ac.at/~blieb/woop/fibsearc.html
    Please use Google or another search engine. It took me
    1 minute to find out

    jacob
    jacob navia, Nov 8, 2005
  4. Niks

    Niks Guest

    jacob navia wrote:
    > Niks a écrit :
    > > Can anybody tell me what a fibonacci search is?
    > > any URL for the above information will also do.
    > >
    > > Thanks for reading.
    > >

    > http://www.auto.tuwien.ac.at/~blieb/woop/fibsearc.html
    > Please use Google or another search engine. It took me
    > 1 minute to find out
    >
    > jacob

    Thanks a dozen guys
    Niks, Nov 8, 2005
  5. "Niks" <> writes:
    > Can anybody tell me what a fibonacci search is?
    > any URL for the above information will also do.
    >
    > Thanks for reading.

    http://www.google.com

    BTW, this has nothing to do with the C programming language.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 8, 2005