Fibonacci search

Niks

Can anybody explain me what is a "Fibonacci search"?
even an URL will do.

Thanks for reading.

Grahamo

Hey,

The Fibonacci Sequence is defined such that the first two numbers of
the sequence are 0 and 1. subesequent numbers are the sum of the
previous two. e.g.

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13 ......

try this for code (googled it)

http://cubbi.org/serious/fibonacci/c++.html

A search returns the N'th fibonacci number (the URL codes it up for
you).

good luck.

Richard Herring

Hey,

The Fibonacci Sequence is defined such that the first two numbers of
the sequence are 0 and 1. subesequent numbers are the sum of the
previous two. e.g.

0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13 ......

try this for code (googled it)

http://cubbi.org/serious/fibonacci/c++.html

A search returns the N'th fibonacci number (the URL codes it up for
you).
That's a Fibonacci sequence. A Fibonacci _search_ is an extension of
the idea of a binary search to the case where you want to find an
extremum rather than a particular value.