Field lose focus after adding an applet object

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Wai Man Chung, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Dear all,

    I have an asp page which upon opening a field will be set
    to be in focus so that user can type in data without the
    need to use the mouse to click on the field.

    However, after I add an applet object, the field cannot be
    in focus, even though there is statement in the asp page
    explicitly setting the field to be in focus. User has to
    wait for a short time (about 5 seconds). After the time,
    he need to click on the field to bring it in focus. But
    during the waiting time, the page does not respond to any
    mouse click.

    There is one interesting point that when I add an "alert"
    statement at the end of the page so that a message box is
    popped whenever the asp page is opened, the field is
    brought into focus after user click OK the message box.

    Do you have any idea ?

    Thanks in advance.
    W.M. Chung
    Wai Man Chung, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Instead of the alert, if we add some code like "txtInput.focus", will this
    ofrce the focus on the text box ?

    Luke

    rights.)
    Luke Zhang [MSFT], Jul 10, 2003