'Fields' is not a member of 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage'

techie

I'm trying to use system.web.mail to send an email, but the smtp
server
requires authentication. I came across some info about fields
property

Dim mail As New MailMessage()
mail.To = "(e-mail address removed)
mail.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
mail.Subject = "this is a test email."
mail.Body = "Some text goes here"

mail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthenti
cate", "1") 'basic authentication

mail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername
", "username") 'set your username here

mail.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword
", "password") 'set your password here
SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "smtp.domain.com" 'your real server goes here
SmtpMail.Send(mail)

I get a compilation error:

'Fields' is not a member of 'System.Web.Mail.MailMessage'

Even though I have installed .Net Framework 1.1, i am not able to
compile the code. Can anybody help me on this.
Thanks in advance.
Techie

Phil Wilson

If you are using VS.NET, that might be the problem. It's using the 1.0
framework.

techie

How can i make VS use the 1.1 framework? how can i remove the compilation error.
I simply cannot go ahead.

--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----
techie said:
[...]

VSNET uses the 1.0 framework at development time. VS 2003 uses the 1.1
framework - you can't change this. If you must use fields, you must use VS
2003 so you can develop against the 1.1 framework.