Fight for css layout being lost?

neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, Henry quothed:
neredbojias wrote:

Thank you for revealing that unquestionable truth.

Take your medicine (most likely C2H5OH) and go to bed.

;)

I'm more of a C12H22O11 freak. -That and pneumatic women.

Toby Inkster

neredbojias said:
Without quill or qualm, Henry quothed:

I'm more of a C12H22O11 freak.

I think C8H10N4O2 is feeling a little left out.

C8H10N4O2 + H2O + C12H22O11 + C2H5OH = Irish Coffee.

Mmm....

Michael Winter

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 09:07:09 GMT, "Michael Winter"
[snip]

<pedant>Many disaccharides of hexose sugars would fit that empirical
formula, e.g.lactose, maltose, trehalose, etc.</pedant>

I know, but sucrose was obviously the inferred compound.

Anyway, I don't expect much from my knowledge of biochemistry: I never
studied it.

Mike

Toby Inkster

Mr said:

In CSS...
http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/garageband/page

Original: 12KB + 7KB of images
Mine: 3.4KB + 960 bytes of images

Advantages of mine:

- replaces the image-based headings and navigation with real text
- much smaller faster page download

Disadvantages of mine:

- because the original design is very fixed width, text overlapping/hiding
occurs at some font sizes. Replacing the real text with images would solve
that though.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
Is there something different about that png file? Firefox doesn't want
to open it when I click the link (or paste in browser), rather it
wants to download it and open with a graphics program.

Yep, dodgy mime type by the looks of it. Will check it out.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
Ok, works now. Was it the server mime type? It is:

Yep. Was being sent as text/plain. *Sigh*. Going to change hosts when it
is up for renewal.

Henry

Toby said:
Mr Bean wrote:

In CSS...
http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/garageband/page

Original: 12KB + 7KB of images
Mine: 3.4KB + 960 bytes of images

Advantages of mine:

- replaces the image-based headings and navigation with real text
- much smaller faster page download

Disadvantages of mine:

- because the original design is very fixed width, text overlapping/hiding
occurs at some font sizes. Replacing the real text with images would solve
that though.

I thought that subject is close! <g>

Great job Toby!

You are unbelieveable. If that can be done, almost anything can be done.

You are Top Gun!

:)))))))

Lauri Raittila

Perhaps I should have tested it in browsers other than Opera 7.53/Linux?
Alternatively I could add a note to the bottom "This page is best viewed
in Opera 7.53 for Linux."

It doesn't work on 7.6p3 for win either.

You managed to make a page that only works on Opera 7.5 becuase bug
invented for quirks mode which makes floats strech container.

Toby Inkster

Toby said:
Perhaps I should have tested it in browsers other than Opera 7.53/Linux?
Alternatively I could add a note to the bottom "This page is best viewed
in Opera 7.53 for Linux."

OK. That page was made at nearly midnight. Back on form now.

http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/garageband/page2

Tested and works in:

- Opera/7.53, Linux
- Mozilla/1.6, Linux
- MSIE/6.0, Windows
- Mozilla/1.0, Windows (tiny display problems)
- Opera/7.0, Windows
- Opera/6.0, Windows (tiny display problems)
- Konqueror/3.1, Linux (tiny display problems)
- MSIE/5.5, Windows (tiny display problems)

MSIE/5.0 for Windows isn't particularly happy though. Haven't tested it in
my other 999,991 browsers.