File access Permission Denied

Tina

I have given myMachineName\ASP.NET full control on my
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\myapp\Data directory. But when I attempt a
file.delete(path) I am getting an access denied. I am able to write new
files to that directory but unable to get this delete to work.

Anyone know why?

Thanks ,

Guest

I suspect one or more processes are still holding a lock on the data file
when you're trying to delete it.

Winista

If you are reading these files in your app somewhere, make sure that all
handles are closed, otherwords you call Close() on the stream objects.