    than using svn or git?

    We want to build on each other's work without having to email and create
    multiple copies. Ideas?
    Jason Lillywhite, Jun 5, 2008

  2. Jason Lillywhite

    Avdi Grimm Guest

    On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Jason Lillywhite
    <> wrote:
    > I would like to start collaborating on some very simple ruby programs
    > with a couple of friends. Rather than emailing rb files back and forth,
    > it would be great if there was a way to do something like Google Docs
    > sharing. Does anyone know of a way to do this. Maybe something simpler
    > than using svn or git?

    Try darcs or bzr. Distributed collaboration without the artificial
    complication of either SVN or Git.

    I hear Mercurial is pretty simple too.

    --
    Avdi

    Home: http://avdi.org
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/avdi
    Journal: http://avdi.livejournal.com
    Avdi Grimm, Jun 5, 2008

  3. Jason Lillywhite, Jun 5, 2008
  4. On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Jason Lillywhite
    <> wrote:
    > I would like to start collaborating on some very simple ruby programs
    > with a couple of friends. Rather than emailing rb files back and forth,
    > it would be great if there was a way to do something like Google Docs
    > sharing. Does anyone know of a way to do this. Maybe something simpler
    > than using svn or git?

    The FireFox browser has a plugin called GSpace that allows you to use
    a Google mail account like a file storage device. If you setup a Gmail
    account for your project, and setup a file structure, your team can
    use GSpace to work from the Gmail account like a shared file system.
    You could even setup working areas for each team member.

    ~Jay
    Jayson Williams, Jun 6, 2008