File Download and page redirection from one click

James T Kirk

How can I create a link to a zip/exe file, that will start a download and
then redirect to another page.

The files being downloaded will be different, but the page to be directed
to will stay the same.

I want the redirect to happen as soon as the download begins...

How can I do this ?

Thanks

Klaus Johannes Rusch

James said:
How can I create a link to a zip/exe file, that will start a download and
then redirect to another page.

The files being downloaded will be different, but the page to be directed
to will stay the same.

I want the redirect to happen as soon as the download begins...

thefirstpage.html:

thatotherpage.html:

James T Kirk

Is it possible to do it as a HREF... ?

<a onclick="parent.location='newpage.html'" href="file.zip">Download</a>

That way each download is a separate link, redirecting to the same
newpage.html ??

Thanks