    I want the redirect to happen as soon as the download begins...

    How can I do this ?

    Thanks
    James T Kirk, Aug 21, 2003

  2. James T Kirk wrote:

    > How can I create a link to a zip/exe file, that will start a download and
    > then redirect to another page.
    >
    > The files being downloaded will be different, but the page to be directed
    > to will stay the same.
    >
    > I want the redirect to happen as soon as the download begins...

    thefirstpage.html:

    thatotherpage.html:

    --
    Klaus Johannes Rusch

    http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/
    Klaus Johannes Rusch, Aug 21, 2003

  3. James T Kirk

    James T Kirk Guest

    Is it possible to do it as a HREF... ?

    <a onclick="parent.location='newpage.html'" href="file.zip">Download</a>

    That way each download is a separate link, redirecting to the same
    newpage.html ??

    Thanks

    James T Kirk, Aug 21, 2003