File Download box instead of ASP execute

Stu

Downloaded the sendMail.htm and sendMail.asp sample files
from technet onto my IIS 4.0 server. The first 2-3 times
I tested all went well. Subsequent tests, with no server
changes, gave/gives me the "File Download" dialogue box
when the sendMail.asp file should be executing. Why does
sendMail.asp give a "File Download" box instead of just
executing?

Steven Burn

You'd normally only get that if your server didn't support ASP.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Guest

Server runs "Hello World" ASP page fine.
You'd normally only get that if your server didn't support ASP.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

.

Steven Burn

Has anything been changed in the files?

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

stu

Not while we are doing this test. We did change
MailSend.asp to literals instead of the Request.Form's and
the MailSend.asp ran fine independently. At this point
they are back as "virgin" files.

Steven Burn

Does this happen on the actual form page, or when trying to send the
form?....... if it is the first, could you possibly post the contents of the
file? (or provide a URL to a sample file). It will be much easier to provid
an answer if we can see whats going on.

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

stu

It appears that this is may be limited to one user,
myself. I just tested a couple of other users and the ASP
page works fine. I'm thinking now that my desktop may be
set up to fire up Frontpage whenever it sees a .asp
extension.

Thanks for talking this through. Oftentimes that's all
that's needed to get one thinking differently.