File download script in ruby

Delia Deea

Hi!

Does anyone know if/how could a file download be automised with ruby?

thanks,
Delia

Delia Deea

Hi!

I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?

Thanks

Jan Svitok

Hi!

I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?

That seems more like a case for autoit
(http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/downloads.php)
Eventually you can use autoit from ruby via autoitX dll and win32api or ruby/dl.

J.

Josselin

Hi!

I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?

Thanks

It should be a client browser functionality... display -pdf then save
or print it

something like this plugin ? http://www.schubert-it.com/
I installed it into my Safari browser (yes I'm Mac..) and that's it...
look if any similar plugin exist for other browsers...