    Does anyone know if/how could a file download be automised with ruby?

    thanks,
    Delia

    Delia Deea, Aug 21, 2006

  2. Delia Deea

    Delia Deea Guest

    Hi!

    I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
    functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
    Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
    appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?

    Thanks

    Delia Deea, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Delia Deea

    Jan Svitok Guest

    On 8/21/06, Delia Deea <> wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
    > functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
    > Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
    > appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?

    That seems more like a case for autoit
    (http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/downloads.php)
    Eventually you can use autoit from ruby via autoitX dll and win32api or ruby/dl.

    J.

    Jan Svitok, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Delia Deea

    Josselin Guest

    On 2006-08-21 11:46:19 +0200, Delia Deea <> said:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
    > functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
    > Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
    > appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Paul Lutus wrote:
    >> Delia Deea wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know if/how could a file download be automised with ruby?

    >> Please provide more detail. Do you mean downloading across a local network,
    >> or from the Internet? What time intervals? What file size? What protocol?
    >> By "automised," do you mean automated?
    >>
    >> Chances are the answer is that this can be done easily. But without details,
    >> any reply is too vague to be useful.

    It should be a client browser functionality... display -pdf then save
    or print it

    something like this plugin ? http://www.schubert-it.com/
    I installed it into my Safari browser (yes I'm Mac..) and that's it...
    look if any similar plugin exist for other browsers...

    Josselin, Aug 23, 2006