File Download - Security Warning in IE when trying to open a link to an image

bfiser

Good morning everyone. I have an issue with a page I developed using
ASP. On my page I have active (or is it dynamic) hyperlinks to photos
of employees based on their employee number. When I click on the
thumbnail in Internet Explorer I get a message box titled File Download
- Security Warning and it asks me to open or save if I click open it
does nothing, if I click save it wants me to save the page showpic.asp
On my machine nothing happens on other machines if I click open it will
open the image from the C drive through a temporary internet type
folder.

In Firefox if I click the thumbnail it will open properly within the
window and the URL it displays is proper
(i.e. domain.com/idapp/showpic.ASP?AF_Employee_Number=xxxxxx)

How can I get Internet Explorer to open this page properly and quit
asking to open or save? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrice

What is the content type defined by showpic.asp ?

My guess would be that one browser understand the content type you used
while the other doesn't...

bfiser

Patrice you are awesome! I had my content type as jpg...when I
switched to JPEG it resolved my issue and works in both browsers!
Awesome, thanks much!

Mark Rae

Although your question has been answered, please not that this newsgroup is
for ASP.NET, not ASP.

The correct newsgroup for issues related to ASP Classic is:
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general